The Stanwich Post

• EDITION VII. Issue 16: FINAL/SUMMER ISSUE! *EDITION IX Coming in September!*

April Fools to April Showers: A Month of Renewal

David-Jared Matthews, Reporter

NEWSROOM – April showers bring May flowers, and unfortunately snow showers as well.

April 1st was not only April Fools’ Day, but Easter also fell on the first of the month.  Many people went to church to celebrate and had meals with their families, hopefully, without getting pranked too much.  Also, Passover started Friday March, 30th and continued until Saturday April, 7th at sundown.  Passover celebrates Jewish people’s liberation from slavery in Ancient Egypt and is celebrated for 8 days.

Along with April showers, the month typically brings warmer weather.  According to The Weather Channel, we should be seeing temperatures rising to the high 40s and low 50s in the upcoming weeks.  We are also not supposed to get more snow, and hopefully, it stays that way.

While many public schools in the area having their spring breaks in April, Stanwich has its class trips.  This includes the 7th grade going to Boston, the 8th grade visiting Washington D.C., the 9th Grade traveling to Costa Rica, and the 10th and 11th grades exploring New Orleans.  These trips are set to provide new information and experiences for students, outside of just our normal Stanwich community.

We are also expecting some great movies to come out this month.  One of which is Avengers: Infinity War coming out on April 27th.  It is the third movie in the trilogy, with the Avengers joining forces with the Guardians of the Galaxy.  Others movies being released are Rampage, Duck Duck Goose, and Truth or Dare.

Lastly, spring sports are underway with students playing lacrosse, tennis, baseball, and softball, showing off not only their athletic talents, but their school spirit.  In addition, the Major League Baseball season is starting.

Make sure to look outside your window, go to the movies, or to our athletic fields to see what April has to bring us. 

Story by David-Jared Matthews, Reporter

Edited by Maeve Sebold, Editor-in-Chief

• April Fools to April Showers: A Month of Renewal

Stanwich News

*Summer Issue* Class of 2018 Bids Farewell in Stanwich’s 5th Graduation [photos]

Showcase

*Summer Issue* Awareness Up, Dressing Down: PYP Sophomores Focus on Helping Others

SP Video Report

*Summer Issue* Triskelion Cup Bestowed: Champion Stowe House Leaves Others Green with Envy [gala video]

Showcase

Graduation News: Hittle & Sebold Announced as Valedictorian and Salutatorian for Class of 2018

Stanwich News

Grade 9 Costa Rica Trip: Opening New Doors

Stanwich News

JH & SH Students Embark on Class Trips; Education & Adventure Filled

Stanwich News

8th Grader Organizes for “Hope of Life”

Showcase

Marine Lab Trip: Interactive and “Fins-on” Learning

Showcase

Two Schools’ Faculties Play Basketball; Build Friendships

Showcase

High School Hoops Season Wraps Up Netting Big Wins

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School