The Stanwich Post

• EDITION VIII. Issue 3.

*Summer Issue* Awareness Up, Dressing Down: PYP Sophomores Focus on Helping Others

David-Jared Matthews, Reporter

SENIOR HOUSE- Spreading awareness and fundraising opportunities are just some of the ways that Stanwich sophomores aim to help others.

Sophomores Carilyn Rivera, Jackie Lubarsky, and Janaiyah Lamb are a part of a non-profit called Pitch Your Peers (PYP). This group strives to collect grants to raise awareness for causes that benefit our communities, mainly in Greenwich, CT. Each group of women gets assigned a cause and they have to pitch a grant at the end of the month to benefit their cause.

The students held three fundraisers in the form of dress down days to raise awareness for different causes that benefit many children locally and around the world. These causes ranged from ADHD, Autism to Down’s Syndrome. For each dress down, students were encouraged to dress in a color representing the cause. The cost was $3.00 per person, which allowed them to raise money for their cause and later achieve their grant to help those with educational and physical disabilities. Each dress down raised over $200.00 to assist kids struggling with these disabilities.

When asked about why she supports Pitch Your Peers, Jackie Lubarsky was enthusiastic.

“It’s great that there is an organization that helps us help others and that Stanwich allows us to dress down to raise money.”

These efforts would not have been possible without the hard work of these students and teachers and students dressing down to support.

Pitch Your Peers is open to Senior House Girls next year and you can join to make a difference to our community.

Story by David-Jared Matthews, Reporter

Edited by Ted Frascella, Editor-in-Chief

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School