The Stanwich Post

A Letter to Our Readers: Stanwich Post Suspends Reporting; Looks Ahead & Back as Our Mission Changes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Ted Frascella, Editor-in-Chief

NEWSROOM – A LETTER FROM THE EDITOR

Dear Readers:

The Stanwich Post has consistently covered news about our school, students, community and world since 2011.   Originally called “The S.E.T.,” or Stanwich East Times, our publication put high school students in charge of interviewing, reporting, and writing about the news that affected them or influenced their world out of the Senior House Journalism elective.

The news site is now on its 8th Edition, with 10 issues published this school year after averaging over 20 in years past.

With the changes already visible and still-to-come on our campus, and with other changes on the horizon for our community, our journalism class made the decision to suspend coverage of week-to-week occurrences and focus on a look ahead and, equally importantly, a look back.  This has been, by far, the most challenging part of the year for our student-reporters.

In this spirit, the next few emails our readers receive will be flashbacks or “Greatest Hits” articles.  Written by high school students of yesteryear and today, we will take you on a journey through the eyes of the reporters of The Stanwich Post.

In addition, later this year, we plan to publish a final issue under this banner as a hard copy to current students and faculty.  This first-(only)-of-its-kind commemorative is being planned, written, edited, and constructed in class and will serve as both an ending and as a connection to whatever the student newspaper/news site may look like next.

Please enjoy both the Flashbacks and the eventual final issue, from all of us at The Stanwich Post.

– Ted Frascella, Editor-in-Chief

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School