The Stanwich Post

• EDITION VIII. Issue 5.

Announcing the Art Expo & Pizza/Paint Event; Showcasing All Students, pre-K – 12th Grade [March 8 & 9]

Maeve Sebold, Editor in Chief

NEWSROOM – The Stanwich School Visual Arts Department is delighted to present the following fun-filled art events from Thursday, March 8th through Friday, March 9th

The Visual Arts department encourages you to come and appreciate the student artwork on display and celebrate your own creative talents.  

Take a nice break from Parent/Teacher Conferences and see artwork created by our student population!

All proceeds will support our Stanwich School service learning initiatives, including Hope of Life Guatemala.  This humanitarian organization, adopted by Mr. Feder’s 8th Grade advisory, supports individuals in need at a facility near Guatemala City.

The following information details the various events:

Thursday, March 8th – Pizza and Paint for Students in 1st-5th Grades

Guided by a group of 8th grade artists, Lower School students in grades 1-5 can enjoy an hour of fun filled creativity and a pizza snack.

When: Thursday, March 8th – from 3:00-4:00 pm

Where: The gym

Cost: $20.00

Please sign up before Tuesday, March 6th. SPACE IS LIMITED

Email Ms. Graham ([email protected]) to reserve a spot or for more information.

Thursday, March 8th and Friday, March 9th – Student art exhibit and sale

Given the success of last year’s art exhibit and sale, this year’s event will include 100’s of artworks created by Stanwich students in Pre-K through grade 12.  You are welcome to buy your child’s artwork or a duplicate of another child’s piece.  Beginning at 12:00 pm on Thursday, March 8th there will also be baked goods available for sale.

When: Thursday, March 8th starting at 12:00 pm – Friday, March 9th at 11:00 am

Where: The gym

Cost: $25.00 for smaller paintings, $30.00 for larger paintings (cash or check appreciated)

Mrs. Graham, Upper School art teacher and Art Expo organizer, shared the following sentiment.

“This year’s Art Expo has literally hundreds of artworks, showcasing students in Pre-K to grade 12.  It’s really great to see all of the work together presented in frames this way.”

The Post encourages Stanwich families, students, and faculty to come out and appreciate the work and creativity of those in the Stanwich community, while supporting a good cause.

[Note: Text above is from the flyer, Stanwich Visual Arts department, as well as an original quote from Mrs. Graham.]

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School