The Stanwich Post

• EDITION VII. Issue 16: FINAL/SUMMER ISSUE! *EDITION IX Coming in September!*

SUMMER ISSUE – Hale to the Three-peat! Twain is Runner-Up in Come-from-Behind Cup Final

Isabel Vigale, Reporter

SENIOR HOUSE – Concluding the 2017 Triskelion Cup events and competitions, Hale House took first place for the third year in a row – extending their reign as champions of the Cup.

The Triskelion Cup Gala serves as an end of the year celebration and the culminating event of the Triskelion Cup.  The Senior House students who attended the gala participated in a ten question trivia round to win final points for their Houses.  Each question had a one word answer with the letters ‘TRI’ in it.

Before the gala, Twain House was in first place with 30 more points than Hale.  After the gala trivia competition, Hale came in first, Stowe second, and Twain third.  The points earned at the gala enabled Hale to narrowly overtake Twain by ten points.

Sam Erfe, a Senior on Hale House, is proud to have been apart of leading Hale to victory, and she is proud of her team’s commitment throughout the year.

“In all honesty, it does feel great to win for the third year in a row, but this year was different.  Being a leader of an amazing group and copping that win felt more of an accomplishment than the past years.”

Michelle Wakim, a Senior on Stowe House, is happy with her team’s spirit and determination.

“Even though Stowe came in last, we all had fun with the competition and continued to try from beginning to end with great team spirit.”

Officially ending the third year of the Triskelion Cup Competition, Hale, Twain, and Stowe are excited to compete again next year and welcome new freshmen team members.

Story by Isabel Vigale, Reporter

Edited by Maeve Sebold

• SUMMER ISSUE – Hale to the Three-peat! Twain is Runner-Up in Come-from-Behind Cup Final

Stanwich News

*Summer Issue* Class of 2018 Bids Farewell in Stanwich’s 5th Graduation [photos]

Showcase

*Summer Issue* Awareness Up, Dressing Down: PYP Sophomores Focus on Helping Others

Showcase

*Summer Issue* Triskelion Cup Bestowed: Champion Stowe House Leaves Others Green with Envy [gala video]

Showcase

Graduation News: Hittle & Sebold Announced as Valedictorian and Salutatorian for Class of 2018

Stanwich News

Grade 9 Costa Rica Trip: Opening New Doors

Stanwich News

JH & SH Students Embark on Class Trips; Education & Adventure Filled

Showcase

April Fools to April Showers: A Month of Renewal

Stanwich News

8th Grader Organizes for “Hope of Life”

Showcase

Marine Lab Trip: Interactive and “Fins-on” Learning

Showcase

Two Schools’ Faculties Play Basketball; Build Friendships

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School