The Stanwich Post

• EDITION VII. Issue 16: FINAL/SUMMER ISSUE! *EDITION IX Coming in September!*

*Summer Issue* Class of 2018 Bids Farewell in Stanwich’s 5th Graduation [photos]

Ben Mihailovich, Reporter

[For a full photo album of Graduation 2018, please click here.]

STANWICH SCHOOL – A half a decade strong, the 5th graduating class of Stanwich has officially moved on.

The ceremony was followed by a great after-party under a massive tent on the upper field.

Keynote speaker Fabien Cousteau had a few important lessons and mottos for the Seniors.

“Learning is the basis of knowledge to go out there and be prepared for an adventure.”  He also showed a prom video for his work as a marine explorer.  “People protect what they love, the love what they understand, and they understand what they are taught.”

Salutatorian Maeve Sebold spoke elegantly about how Stanwich’s unique nature can make a difference while Henry made a very moving speech about what it meant to be a lifer at Stanwich.

“In my years at stanwich, I experienced two campuses, three heads of school, 13 grade levels, 40 teachers, and many friends,” Henry said in his speech.

“I can’t think of a better small group to be a part of,” was the closing line of Maeve’s remarks.

Faculty speaker Peter Katona, Upper School history, advised the graduates that while graduation was done in a day, the experience was more valuable and “was done over time.”  This theme included a message for students to be unique as they go to college.

“Next year you may be just a number, but you can decide what number you want to be,” he said.

The after-party, hosted by parents and attended by alumni, including recent graduates from college who were in Stanwich’s first graduating class of 2014, was boisterous.  Alumni, faculty, parents, families and others stayed until 10pm partying.

Story by Ben Mihailovich

• *Summer Issue* Class of 2018 Bids Farewell in Stanwich’s 5th Graduation [photos]

Showcase

*Summer Issue* Awareness Up, Dressing Down: PYP Sophomores Focus on Helping Others

SP Video Report

*Summer Issue* Triskelion Cup Bestowed: Champion Stowe House Leaves Others Green with Envy [gala video]

Showcase

Graduation News: Hittle & Sebold Announced as Valedictorian and Salutatorian for Class of 2018

Stanwich News

Grade 9 Costa Rica Trip: Opening New Doors

Stanwich News

JH & SH Students Embark on Class Trips; Education & Adventure Filled

Showcase

April Fools to April Showers: A Month of Renewal

Stanwich News

8th Grader Organizes for “Hope of Life”

Showcase

Marine Lab Trip: Interactive and “Fins-on” Learning

Showcase

Two Schools’ Faculties Play Basketball; Build Friendships

Showcase

High School Hoops Season Wraps Up Netting Big Wins

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School