The Stanwich Post

• EDITION VIII. Issue 5.

Stanwich to Country Day Transition Means Excitement, Energy, Unease for HS Juniors

Back to Article
Back to Article

Schuyler Dubitsky, Reporter

STANWICH SCHOOL – Stanwich students are always expected to work hard, and due to the size of the school, are often being asked to adapt to strange, unusual situations.  But the merger of Stanwich and GCDS is a different story.

Everyone is curious about the merger, how it will go, how Greenwich Country Day School plans to implement it.  Most of all: what will happen to the students moving forward.  The current junior class is a particularly interesting, as they are going to be the first graduating class from the GCDS, and everyone is curious about their coming experience as Tigers.

Juniors Mauricio Saavedra and Dylan McCormick seem confident about the future, with a few uncertainties, and are optimistic about what GCDS can bring to the table.  The faculty will surely be world-class and the Head of School, Adam Rohdie, will direct the institution splendidly.  

While many people are worried about the downsides the merger will bring to the table, junior, Dylan McCormick seems in high spirits.

“I am pretty optimistic. I believe both parties involved will benefit hugely from the merger, and I am excited for what’s to come. This will help the new school become a premier high school in the country. Basically I’m super optimistic about the future of GCDS.”

The concerns of students is understandable, not only because of the structural changes, but the academic ones as well.  Junior, Mauricio Saavedra, shared his apprehensions about the academic future.

“I am worried about the future of AP classes,” he said.  The mid-stream students may already have AP designations on their record, so this concern is grounded in reality.  (As it relates to this concern, decision-makers are aware of the AP conundrum and will address it, according to sources.)

Despite the fear of the unknown, our rising Senior class has confidence in GCDS, and are confident that their future is secure under the new management.

Story by Schuyler Dubitsky, Reporter

Edited by Ted Frascella, Editor-in-Chief

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School