The Stanwich Post

Triskelion Cup Makes Return with pre-Holiday Break Trivia

Back to Article
Back to Article

Schuyler Dubitsky, Reporter

SENIOR HOUSE – The Stanwich School has always had those special traditions which make it stand out, the exotic 9th grade Costa Rica trip, the close student teacher relationships, and of course, the Triskelion Cup events.  These  are a series of challenges for students to compete in a healthy way in three houses: 3 -time champion Hale,  reigning champion Stowe, and the Twain House. 

But as of late, the Triskelion Cup has not been very prominent in student life over the first half of the 2018-2019 school year and people are beginning to take notice.

Mr. Morgan Murphy, a member of the Stanwich faculty and director of the theatre program is actively involved with the Triskelion Cup events at the school, though he facilitates and also would and will plan more when possible.

“I want to do anything I can to help and I think we have a quiz bowl event coming soon,” he told The Post. “See ya there!”

Students are also beginning to take notice.  Senior Luis Orozco was one of them.

“I think it’s upsetting that Triskelion Cup events have been pushed under the rug and forgotten about,” he said.  “It’s sad that events such as laser tag and bowling and no longer available.”  Students understand the circumstances but also have traditions they enjoyed.

Senior Gaby Wakim felt very similarly to her classmate.

More than the events, she mentioned the teamwork and laughs.

“They were always so fun, and allowed for bonding between different grades. I hope they will return soon.”

The quiz bowl is already scheduled, suggesting an awareness by the school about the sentiment.  The trivia event will take place on the last day before winter break and more events will come soon.

Story by Schuyler Dubitsky, Reporter

Edited by Ted Frascella, Editor-in-Chief

The Digital Student News Site of The Stanwich School